Saturday, December 19, 2009
Bokkies off to war
It's war.
That was the message at the Under 20 Springboks capping ceremony held in Cape Town today. Eight new players joined last year's Under 19's in a squad of 26 players that will compete in the first IRB Junior World Championships in Wales next month.
SARU President Oregan Hoskins says SA Rugby will be involved in two wars next month - one in Wales and one against Wales.
Springbok coach Peter de Villiers was there as well and encouraged the players by saying they are the patriots who will be representing South Africa.
Coach Eric Sauls says it will be war, especially with the old enemies Australia and New Zealand fielding powerful sides.